Friday, May 29, 2009

And now for something completely different...

Well, I've been blogging about couponing and grocery shopping so much lately, I figure it's time for a general update with a little less focus on food! :)

Our first announcement is that I have officially opened my graphic design business, Weslynn Biggers Design! I'll be freelancing on the side from home, something I've done a bit nonchalantly as jobs have arisen over the past few years, but now I'm hoping to kick into full force here in Missouri. I'm excited to finally put a name to my business and become "bona fide." It's been a dream of mine for many years, and something Brannon and I hope will give me the opportunity to stay home with our little one(s) and still generate an income when we one day start a family. So we're super stoked! Please help me pray for God's direction and provision as I work to establish a local client base in the Branson/Springfield area.

Brannon rang in his 30th birthday last week while on the road back from Boston, where he and another staff member picked up our newest student. We now have 18 students and are at full capacity! We've been aiming at full capacity for several months, so it's great to finally be there. God's hand is truly on this center, and it's so amazing to watch Him work in the lives of our boys. We really have a great group of young men.

After Brannon's return from Boston, we celebrated his birthday a couple days late (after he got some much needed rest!) with lots of late-night Guitar Hero (his birthday gift from me, Jade and Oliver) and dinner out with our directors, Jake and Amanda, who treated us to Chester's, an amazing burger joint in Branson. Brannon has been wanting to go there ever since he saw their "Home of the stuffed burgers" sign. Needless to say, we ate way too much (flash fried spinach with garlic, parmesan and lemon, fried pickles with ranch, and burgers, of course), but it was absolutely fabulous. Any friends or family members coming to visit us are guaranteed a meal there! (How's that for bribing people to come visit?)

Well I guess that's about it for this update. Hugs to all of our family and friends!

No comments: